Skip to main content

A Letter To 2016

Dear 2016,

                           I will not lie this year has been a challenge for me personally and it was the beginning of a lot of changes in almost every aspect of my life, but it has really shaped me as a person and has defined myself to myself. Yet the people who have entered and left my life really stick out to me, because I think that really depicts me year. 

I have learnt that building bridges and making up with people who you thought you had lost is important. I didn't lose anyone this year but I did a lot of looking back at people who voluntarily left my life and it showed me that I should appreciate those who are in my life, because one day they'll leave by no choice, and you should cherish everyone why they are still on this earth. I have also learn't that when I have previously placed the blame on someone else due to the lack of relationship but in order for a relationship to work it is a two way street and that I am also to blame. That's why towards the end of the year I looked back on someone who I regret falling out with, I still see them a lot but I regret loosing the relationship I once had, so I took it upon myself to rebuild that relationship because it was important to me and what I miss. 

I also learnt this year that it is important to let people go in your life that are dragging you down and causing you to stay the same. There is one thing you have to remember you cannot erase someone from your life and you should not wish this, they will have effected you massively for you to think like that. This proves without them you wouldn't be the same, so don't wish to erase anyone just look at yourself and look at your future. I look back on my life and assumed things should always stay the same, but I have learnt massively this year that nothing ever stays the same. I have found quotes very helpful through out my 16 years but one that I have relied heavily on this year is from a song called The Call by Regina Spektor that says "Just because's everything is changing, doesn't mean it's never been this way before" it showed me though everything is changing it doesn't mean you don't know how to deal with it. 

Just like every year before I have made mistakes, but I'm sick of wallowing in my mistakes and how I can change this, because it's done! I'm ready to start a whole new book of 2017. My first full year of being a young adult will be a journey and I'm ready for it, and this journey I won't stick to a map and just follow the road that I believe that will be good for me. I have begun reading a book called No Dream Is Too High: Life Lessons From A Man Who Walked On The Moon By Buzz Aldrin, it will be the first of many inspirational books I will read this year.

I actually am very grateful of those amazing things I've been given this year, not many people get to meet there role models and I met some when I saw Murder Ballad and that I will never forget and I am truly thankful for having that possibility. I am thankful for the trips I've made sometimes when I needed to get away they have always been there.  

I have learn't and grown new fears, but that is okay. I believe its important to fear things it helps you develop and grow. It doesn't matter how irrational they are, for example this year I have learnt I have a fear of swans and no matter what other says they are scary animals especially when they attack your boat and hiss at you. Fears are what make you you.

I do not look back on 2016 and think this has been a year of amazing things, but a year I won't forget. Many things ended, many things triggering something next year and a lot of firsts. But your life doesn't stop because a year wasn't what you planned, you can not plan everything and sometimes your route changes or you have to take a different turn. 

I actually want to thank musicals this year because I found them very soothing when I felt rough or broken. The four musicals I went to this year really picked me up again and sometimes helped me escape. I have not cherished something more than Musicals this year, and I hope I'll look back in a few years and they will still be a huge part of my life. 

Goodbye 2016, I'm ready and excited for 2017.

Let The Journey Begin!

Lydia 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: One, The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me

Book Review: One I have decided to start doing book reviews as I would love to get back into reading again because as a kid I never could put a book down. Slowly as I started secondary school I began to think reading was "stupid" but I still love reading but I just don't read. I would like this to be a motivation to start reading again. Book Review Number One Name: The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me Author: Lucy Robinson Month Read: May Rating: 9/10 The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me by Lucy Robinson I ordered this book back before my holiday to Portugal in May it arrived a week before I was to leave. I was so excited to read it after reading the synopsis on Amazon that I couldn't wait a week to start reading it so I started immediately, I couldn't put the book down but I had to because otherwise I would of had nothing to read on holiday.  I arrived in Portugal and being the unsociable teenager I am was devastated to find out I

Theatre Review 3: Bat Out Of Hell

Bat Out Of Hell Review I didn't have a huge knowledge of Meatloaf other than songs such as I Would Do Anything For Love, however when I made the decision to go again to this years West End Live and I got to see the cast, I knew that it was something I had to see. I was playing Meatloaf none stop and then we booked tickets for it. Best Night! The story follows the love story of Raven and Strat and the people they surround themselves with. It's a story of ups and downs and forbidden love. However, I won't give away the story line because it's something you have to see. Cast- Strat - Andrew Polec          Raven - Christina Bennington          Falco - Rob Fowler          Sloane- Sharon Sexton          Tink - Aran Macrae          Zahara- Danielle Steers          Jagwire- Dom Hartley-Harris          Ledoux- Giovanni Spano          Blake - Patrick Sullivan Rating - 9.8/10 Strat- The characters that carries this musical, he is an amazing lead and Andrew Pol