Skip to main content

Theatre Review 1: Murder Ballad

Murder Ballad


Date: Saturday 29th October 2016

Cast and Character: Ramin Karimloo as Tom
                                 Kerry Ellis as Sara
                                 Norman Bowman as Michael
                                 Victoria Hamilton-Barritt
Rating: 9.5/10

This my first theatre review and if you know I am a huge theatre fan so I'm surprised I haven't done one of these before. As with my book reviews I will be completely honest. As by the rating you can see I completely enjoyed my night at the Arts Theatre. 

I went to see it knowing very little about it which is strange because usually when I go I like to do some research. However, I did the see performance that the cast put on at West End Live which I recommend for anyone who loves the theatre or want's to experience a really great day out and it's free to watch the acts. What most made me interest in the musical was the fact it had some amazingly well known performers in it. However, I was amazed! I had seen Ramin Karimloo once as Jean Valjean on Broadway when I went to New York and he does not disappoint and I saw his set at West End Live, but once he again he did not fail to disappoint and he sold the character of Tom. Kerry Ellis has always been someone I have wanted to see, she is raved about and I wanted to see her for myself. The hype around Kerry Ellis is completely true, she is amazing and she can completely sell a character you forget your watching Kerry Ellis you really think you are watching Sara's life unfold. Norman Bowman I had heard the name but never seen and he is brilliant, the way he genuinely looks heart broken and how manages to keep that up is amazing. Victoria Hamilton-Barritt is gifted, her voice is beautiful and I don't want to ruin it in case you decide to go but she really is gifted. This is a perfectly cast show I wouldn't change any thing it was truly amazing. Each actor perfectly embodied their character. 

I think something that is amazing about this musical is that the music is different to of what you would usually hear at the theatre. The experimentation of the music type is extremely successful and makes the performance what it is. A week later and I am still listening to the soundtrack non stop. The actual story is hauntingly brilliant, you can't shake the fact it so well written and portrayed that you feel like you know the characters and I think the story is so unpredictable to a degree it really makes you think about it when you leave. 

Stage Door; this was the first time I had ever been to stage door in my life... I had a lovely time. The cast are all so nice and lovely and appreciative.I got a picture with everyone other than Victoria Hamilton-Barritt due to the amount people however, I have never met a group of people so happy to give back. Norman Bowman was outside the stage for at least an hour just talking to people. Ramin Karimloo I have been following for years and when I saw him as Jean Valjean I thought that was the only time I was going to get to see him and then I now have a picture with him and it's something truly amazing when someone you consider a role model or you idolise takes the time out late at night to take a picture with you, I think it's amazing. 

This has actually become one of my favourite musicals, I could listen to this soundtrack over and over again and not get bored. The songs are amazing, the story is amazing and the characters are amazing and the actors are also amazing. I would recommend going to see this, it's an a very intimate theatre that's quite small compared to others and just makes it ever better. This is something you wouldn't want to miss. The last show at the moment is on the 3rd of December. This is something I would love to see again, so if you can I think you should try and go and experience this piece of art. I think it's unmissable. 

Lydia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theatre Review 3: Bat Out Of Hell

Bat Out Of Hell Review I didn't have a huge knowledge of Meatloaf other than songs such as I Would Do Anything For Love, however when I made the decision to go again to this years West End Live and I got to see the cast, I knew that it was something I had to see. I was playing Meatloaf none stop and then we booked tickets for it. Best Night! The story follows the love story of Raven and Strat and the people they surround themselves with. It's a story of ups and downs and forbidden love. However, I won't give away the story line because it's something you have to see. Cast- Strat - Andrew Polec          Raven - Christina Bennington          Falco - Rob Fowler          Sloane- Sharon Sexton          Tink - Aran Macrae          Zahara- Danielle Steers          Jagwire- Dom Hartley-Harris          Ledoux- Giovanni Spano          Blake - Patrick Sullivan Rating - 9.8/10 Strat- The characters that carries this musical, he is an amazing lead and Andrew Pol

Book Review: One, The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me

Book Review: One I have decided to start doing book reviews as I would love to get back into reading again because as a kid I never could put a book down. Slowly as I started secondary school I began to think reading was "stupid" but I still love reading but I just don't read. I would like this to be a motivation to start reading again. Book Review Number One Name: The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me Author: Lucy Robinson Month Read: May Rating: 9/10 The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me by Lucy Robinson I ordered this book back before my holiday to Portugal in May it arrived a week before I was to leave. I was so excited to read it after reading the synopsis on Amazon that I couldn't wait a week to start reading it so I started immediately, I couldn't put the book down but I had to because otherwise I would of had nothing to read on holiday.  I arrived in Portugal and being the unsociable teenager I am was devastated to find out I

A Letter To 2016

Dear 2016,                            I will not lie this year has been a challenge for me personally and it was the beginning of a lot of changes in almost every aspect of my life, but it has really shaped me as a person and has defined myself to myself. Yet the people who have entered and left my life really stick out to me, because I think that really depicts me year.  I have learnt that building bridges and making up with people who you thought you had lost is important. I didn't lose anyone this year but I did a lot of looking back at people who voluntarily left my life and it showed me that I should appreciate those who are in my life, because one day they'll leave by no choice, and you should cherish everyone why they are still on this earth. I have also learn't that when I have previously placed the blame on someone else due to the lack of relationship but in order for a relationship to work it is a two way street and that I am also to blame. That's why to